Saturday 16 February 2008

The Flip Side.


Some people will be forever caught up in the past. A place where the heart & the head are not connected. A place where you are not thinking straight. A place where memory is your image of perfection.

For many, looking back in hindsight is like proving to themselves that they were not always as blinded by the trappings to which they now succumb. It's like your mind is holding you hostage and your heart repeatedly tells you to surrender. In many ways, we are all like Rozencrantz & Guilderstern. Perpetually flipping for a coin for answers, because we have simply sinked that low.

There is an extremely experimental element to this approach to life, an approach which becomes dangerous as soon as the intial emotional stimulation has surpassed. So in an unusal sense, I have grown to be very much like you. But in this scenario, I have become very much unlike you.

My past, is my requiem. It was a poem I once wrote and a song noone will ever sing. It is simultaneously bizarre yet reassuring for me to realise that I am a cynic at heart, that I can now lay suspended within this bulletproof glass, carefully observing you as you continue to flip that coin.

No comments: